Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Gurps; A semi-new RPG for the new forum.
Topic Started: Jan 5 2008, 04:18 PM (3,234 Views)
BobTheFerret
Member Avatar
It's The End Of The World As We Know It
[ *  * ]
I'm going to be bringing back an RPG out of the archives for this new forum: the GURPS. It is, as the name suggests, run on a GURPS-like game system. (You can download GURPS Lite for free, if you don't have a book.)

The GURPS was originally DMd by Burningsack and played over AIM. It will now be primarily played on the forums, but I permit and advise individual players' moves to be made over AIM and will, on occasion, have a "cutscene" played entirely over AIM.

The GURPS is a futuristic RPG. Spaceflight is common, but FTL is expensive; most starships are fusion-based and use "wormgates" to cross massive distances. There is some cybernetic implantation and some genetic modification. Either of those is expensive to obtain advanced functionality.

Character sheets should be in GURPS format, with GURPS-style point buy and skill selection. You may use between 75 and 150 points. The fewer points you use, the nicer the universe will be. The more points you use, the better your character will be (and usually, higher-point characters are more fun to play.) Actual gameplay will involve GURPS skill rolls but will be otherwise DM-based.

Because I was not the original DM, I do have a PC somewhere in the world. He will be an NPC. His character sheet is as follows; it is slightly truncated.

[Spoilered because it's rather long and off-topic.]
Spoiler: click to toggle

Also, Cade Shadow already has a character in the world, and Burningsack knows quite a bit more about the plot than will be revealed at the start of the game. Once again, character sheets are to be in GURPS format (Cade, you don't need to resubmit yours, should you decide to play), and we'll start sometime next week.
It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kyros the Hedgehog
Member Avatar
(still) a dude with a funky headband
[ * ]
i'm intrigued. I'll read the manual more in depth, but i think I'll join in.
Edited by Kyros the Hedgehog, Jan 5 2008, 09:46 PM.
The companion cube
will not threaten to stab you.
The cake is a lie.
Spoiler: click to toggle
that is a real spoier for a real thing that you may not want to know of (that is, if you own or will own yet haven't beaten Valve's game Portal). it's not like, to make you lose... uh... I'll stop now.

BobTheFerret
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
OK, that's great!

If anyone needs help with charsheets and stuff, just ask me.
Edited by BobTheFerret, Jan 6 2008, 09:51 PM.

Cade Shadow
Member Avatar
Noan Cadu
[ * ]
I may like to make a new character.

BobTheFerret
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Yes, that's fine.

GURPS Lite, a guide to some of the game mechanics I'm using, is here: http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0004.

techwizrd
Member Avatar
Magister ex Machina
[ *  *  * ]
BobTheFerret
Jan 9 2008, 03:16 PM
Yes, that's fine.

GURPS Lite, a guide to some of the game mechanics I'm using, is here: http://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0004.
There actully is a GURPS character maker written in Java somewhere. I might be able to find the JAR somewhere... Anyway, I do not intend to plaay in this campaign as I do not like GURPS.
My DeviantArt user page Please comment and add me to your favorites!
Posted Image

BobTheFerret
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Have you actually played one?

Further, I'm not going to use any sort of standard GURPS playing, just GURPS character sheets and skiils. If it is not in GURPS Lite, you won't see it.

techwizrd
Member Avatar
Magister ex Machina
[ *  *  * ]
I tried playing the GURPS system, but it was a bit annoying. I prefer D&D. Using GURPS charsheets is fine, but I still don't want to. But, may I suggest an idea? You can play multiple RPs at the same time and keep track of them by subcsribing to them.
Posted Image

BobTheFerret
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
... where'd that argument come out of?

I have absolutely no problems playing multiple RPGs at the same time. And if other players come out, I will play in your D&D campaign.

techwizrd
Member Avatar
Magister ex Machina
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry, actually I was not arguing. It just seems that others (not that I am specifically accusing anyone) only play one at a time and don't notice anyone other than the one in the Last Post box on the Index Page.
Posted Image

Deleted User
Deleted User

lol GURPS and D&D are LAME play WoW it's actually really fun and awesome and doesn't suck.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Forum RPs · Next Topic »
Add Reply